Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ecomatic ESC 36 does not turn on with water flow.

1. Back To Top    #1

Ecomatic ESC 36 does not turn on with water flow.

Hey Everyone,

I moved into a house three years ago with a 20k-25k gallon pool. The pool has an Ecomatic ESC 36 system. Every day (after the pump is already running) I have to go outside and flip the Ecomatic off and back on to get it to produce chlorine. Before I flip the switch the two lights are green and the small red light under where the number would be is on (indicating FLOW). A minute after I flip the switch off, then on, the numbers start up and go to 100, to show it is producing chlorine. It then will work all day. If I don't flip the switch though, it never has numbers on the screen and just stays with the two green lights and the FLOW indicator on.

Troubleshooting and reading others tips online I have replaced the cell with a new one (last year), replaced the wires to the cell (old owners dog had chewed on them), upped the salt to between 4500-5000, but still nothing has worked. The pump is a 1hp pump, so it produces plenty of power to the cell. The only thing I have not done is replace the actual Ecomatic that is mounted to the wall because I figure it works fine when I flip the switch. Any one have any ideas???

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Ecomatic ESC 36 does not turn on with water flow.

I'm not familiar with that system, but does it have a separate flow switch or is it integrated into the cell? Hopefully someone who has one can help out..
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Ecomatic ESC 36 does not turn on with water flow.

The switch is on the "Power Pack," which is separate from the cell.