Wi-Fi Solar Pool Controler

Jul 5, 2013
Waterford, MI
Well just wondering if anyone else would be interested in a WiFi controller for a swimming pool. Just finished mine and it is working flawlessly.

If features temp probes for pool temp, solar temp, ambient air temp, and temp coming off the solar collectors.

It automates the pump, solar valve, lights and a heater, and can be accessed by any smart phone or browser.

Set up schedules for you pump and lights, set the temp and many other features. Just now working the packaging and instruction guide.

I have a 15,000.00 gallon pool in Michigan and it is keeping it at a steady 85 degrees, my wife and kids like warm water.

If anyone is interested in one please let me known and I will see what I can do.

Mark

[email protected]

Thanks

It sounds like an interesting project, but I am not sure how practical remote control really is for solar heating / cooling given it tends to be so slow and the pace is hard to predict with cloud cover, etc. as it is not like you can say mid way through the day that you want your pool a lot warmer when you get home that night. About the best you might do is say I want the water 1-2 degrees warmer than I normally keep it when I get home, so I will turn it up and hope for a sunny day. One feature that might be nice, but would require some complex programming would be predictive solar cooling based on the weather forecast. For example on my pool we usually swim in the afternoon / evening, and the pool typically gains about 2-3 degrees from its morning temperature over the course of the day on a sunny hot day, so I target overnight solar cooling for 82 degrees to allow for it to warm to a comfortable 84 or 85 during the next day. The problem is when we have a cooler or cloudier than normal day and the solar panels have cooled the water to 82 over night, but the pool did not naturally regain enough heat during the day.

The same sort of feature could be used for solar heating during cooler times with variable cloud level, as maybe a limited smart over shoot of target temperature when clouds, rain or cooler weather is in the forecast for the next day. Allowing the pool to bank up some heat.

Ike

p.s. if you consider this, you might look at http://cleardarksky.com/csk/ for a local cloud level forecast, at least for north america

I guess the remote control is just the added benefit. What I have is basically a solar and pump controller. It does the same thing as the pentair suntouch solar controller plus much more. You just set the parameters through a web browser.

It can have solar only mode, Solar and Heater, keep a preset temp both cool and heat.

Works great. Plus saves money. and a small package.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.