Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wi-Fi Solar Pool Controler

1. Back To Top    #1

Wi-Fi Solar Pool Controler

Well just wondering if anyone else would be interested in a WiFi controller for a swimming pool. Just finished mine and it is working flawlessly.

If features temp probes for pool temp, solar temp, ambient air temp, and temp coming off the solar collectors.

It automates the pump, solar valve, lights and a heater, and can be accessed by any smart phone or browser.

Set up schedules for you pump and lights, set the temp and many other features. Just now working the packaging and instruction guide.

I have a 15,000.00 gallon pool in Michigan and it is keeping it at a steady 85 degrees, my wife and kids like warm water.

If anyone is interested in one please let me known and I will see what I can do.

Mark

me9422@gmail.com

Thanks
    15,000 gallon Doughboy above ground pool that has been set in ground, Sequel II DE filter, Hayward 1.5 HP Pump, (5) 4' x 10' solar collectors on roof, with a WiFi solar controller.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wi-Fi Solar Pool Controler

Oh BTW I forgot to mention that I am adding several other features, just added a Solar Override, Email alerts and a freeze protection routine for the equipment.
    15,000 gallon Doughboy above ground pool that has been set in ground, Sequel II DE filter, Hayward 1.5 HP Pump, (5) 4' x 10' solar collectors on roof, with a WiFi solar controller.

3. Back To Top    #3

It sounds like an interesting project, but I am not sure how practical remote control really is for solar heating / cooling given it tends to be so slow and the pace is hard to predict with cloud cover, etc. as it is not like you can say mid way through the day that you want your pool a lot warmer when you get home that night. About the best you might do is say I want the water 1-2 degrees warmer than I normally keep it when I get home, so I will turn it up and hope for a sunny day. One feature that might be nice, but would require some complex programming would be predictive solar cooling based on the weather forecast. For example on my pool we usually swim in the afternoon / evening, and the pool typically gains about 2-3 degrees from its morning temperature over the course of the day on a sunny hot day, so I target overnight solar cooling for 82 degrees to allow for it to warm to a comfortable 84 or 85 during the next day. The problem is when we have a cooler or cloudier than normal day and the solar panels have cooled the water to 82 over night, but the pool did not naturally regain enough heat during the day.

The same sort of feature could be used for solar heating during cooler times with variable cloud level, as maybe a limited smart over shoot of target temperature when clouds, rain or cooler weather is in the forecast for the next day. Allowing the pool to bank up some heat.

Ike

p.s. if you consider this, you might look at http://cleardarksky.com/csk/ for a local cloud level forecast, at least for north america
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

I guess the remote control is just the added benefit. What I have is basically a solar and pump controller. It does the same thing as the pentair suntouch solar controller plus much more. You just set the parameters through a web browser.

It can have solar only mode, Solar and Heater, keep a preset temp both cool and heat.

Works great. Plus saves money. and a small package.

5. Back To Top    #5

Mark
    Definitely interested in this project.

I'll drop you an email tomorrow.

Chris.
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes just drop me an email at me9422@gmail.com. It is working great. Just doing some tweaking to the basic script program to add features and functions. I also had a slight bug that I worked out of it.