Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rain Rain Go Away!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Rain Rain Go Away!!

It has been raining for the past week and a half!! Some times it's just a steady drizzle but we had had quite a few pour downs! I have had to backwash my pool just about every other day!! I skipped yesterday and went outside to check it a few minutes ago and the water level so high the water was overflowing the skimmer! Is it ok for me to backwash so often. The weather report calls for even more rain next week!! And I'm also concerned with the sand/dirt washing away from the pool wall in a couple of spots. I had my son out in the rain backfilling. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I have plans to lay down landscaping fabric and river rocks, but with all this rain I can't get out there like I want to. Sorry for the long vent.
    27x52 Garden Leisure AGP, Hayward Dream Line 1.5 Sand Filter, TF-100 Test kit
    BBB and Loving It!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rain Rain Go Away!!

Please send it to Dallas.

What kind of filter do you have? If you have a sand filter, backwash away and love the fact you have a low maintenance setup!
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH
    Please send it to Dallas.

What kind of filter do you have? If you have a sand filter, backwash away and love the fact you have a low maintenance setup!

It's the Hayward S170TSC and yes it's a sand filter. Thanks for the quick response I can breath a little easier now!
    BBB and Loving It!!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Cola here too. I've been saying rain rain go away for days. This has been quite an unusual spring into summer. Draining several inches out of the pool almost daily.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

5. Back To Top    #5

i'm loving the rain.. it's free water.. with no CH in it.. and no bad stuff... I wonder if it raises or lowers my ph?
    13500 gallon AG, build late 90's, Hayward S220T sand filter,1Hp aqua coastal
    Gasser BBQ broilmate 155154 LP, Smoker CGK (akorn)

6. Back To Top    #6

Makes mine go up. Must be acid rain. (I think it is due to the aeration)
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by AimeeH
    Cola here too. I've been saying rain rain go away for days. This has been quite an unusual spring into summer. Draining several inches out of the pool almost daily.

Ugh! So you feel my pain. Lol we've only had our pool for about two months and it has rained just about every day since! I usually love the rain but I would like to get my landscaping done! And at least one pool party!
    BBB and Loving It!!

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Fields......I feel your pain. I just ran out in the "sprinkle" to drain another two or so inches to get water level below top of skimmer boxes. Raining harder again. It is sad when the topic of conversation at a social gather with friends becomes "so where is YOUR backwash water going to?" I'm lucky with no neighbors and a lot of land but other friends aren't so lucky and flooding yards. Lol. As if the rain isn't doing it.

We've had to drain (backwash/waste) daily all week and a good bit of last week.

9. Back To Top    #9

wouldn't acid rain make it go down?

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by topher
    i'm loving the rain.. it's free water.. with no CH in it.. and no bad stuff... I wonder if it raises or lowers my ph?
    I normally would like SOME rain myself. This year is very very out of character for our climate. We are used to tropical storms but this is constant like 7 or so out of 10 days with inches and inches of rain. Currently our flood warnings and advisories extend until 7/6 and 7/9 respectively.

I'll let you know about PH when I can test :P

Oh and I have pretty much free water anyway as I'm on well with virtually no ch in my water......wish I could send the rain your way

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by topher
    wouldn't acid rain make it go down?
    Doh! See what happens when I'm getting tired?

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Wish I could give y'all a follow up on my ph after rain but.............

panicked-really-need-help-t65336.html

13. Back To Top    #13

I would love to see rain.

I'm a NorCal native, and SoCal weather stinks. We had 5" of rain all season. That didn't do squat for lowering my CH.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Yeas Richard. We all have different issues I've found from reading here. I don't know how much rain we've had the last 10 days but we have had to drain SEVERAL inches of water from pool DAILY for the last 5 or so days. This is not at all like our normal weather pattern here in SC. We are normally dry and around 90-100 degrees daily but not this year. I guess I'm lucky to be on well water so it isn't going to cost me for the refill currently in progress due to last nights fiasco. And I have no ch to deal with.

15. Back To Top    #15

As much as I love the rains fire prevention, it is driving me nuts when it comes to our pool. We had a hint of algae about two months ago so we took out the steps and cleaned, rose the FC and waited. It would get blue, but never clear up. Then the rains came and it seems like we've been at shock level FOREVER, lol. This past weekend we realized there was mold/algae growing in the little gaps at the top of our vinyl Intex AG. It's been raining so much and we never thought to drain the water down so the algae has just been washing right back in the pool!!! No wonder it would never get clear @ 1/2 jug per day, lol. We are drained now and crossing our fingers we get nice and clear like we were this time last year. I love BBB, still learning
    16' x 48" Round Intex Vinyl AGP
    Intex 56633EG 2500 GPH Pump
    Taylor K-2006 Test kit

16. Back To Top    #16

I thought I was the only one hoping for a break in rain. I have drained water just about everyday. It rained so hard through the night it overflowed this morning. Maybe by August I can swim. This weather is just crazy!
    Intex 24'x52" Ultra Frame AG, 12,481 gal.,
    Krystal Clear Model 633t pump, 2,500 GPH, 1/2 HP
    Install 5-17-2013

17. Back To Top    #17

Are you back washing to lower the water level or because of your pump pressure increasing? I've had to dump almost 6" of water out of our pool but I've been using the "Waste" setting.
    21' AG (~11,000 gallons)
    Hayward S180T sand filter (35 gpm)
    Hayward Power-Flow SP1510 pump

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

Fields.......MORE rain on the way

I just checked and at the nearest sc climate station to my house (maybe 5miles) the 30 day rainfall total is over 11 inches. Maybe we'll get to enjoy the pool next summer

19. Back To Top    #19

I just checked and at the nearest sc climate station to my house (maybe 5miles) the 30 day rainfall total is over 11 inches. Maybe we'll get to enjoy the pool next summer

Hi Aimee To my surprise it didn't rain here today!! We have been in the pool since 9 am! It's been cloudy on and off but no rain, thank God. We still have a few more days of rain left according to the weather report, so hopefully by mid week we will all be swimming again!
    BBB and Loving It!!

20. Back To Top    #20

We had that in one day in Toronto....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast