Am I missing a piece on my Polaris 280?

Mar 8, 2013
New Hampshire
This thing is 2 months old and worked mint until PB came and took it out of the pool to do something. The top hose that supplies the water from the side is not staying on. I put it back down and the hose just comes off again. It seems like I am missing the piece that the nut would go into? Can anybody help me on how I can get it to stay on when water is running through it.

Thanks in advance.

Take the nut off the flexible hose. Slide it on the rigid barb fitting with the threads toward the opening. Slip the flexible hose over the rigid barb. Tighten the nut to the flexible hose.

The threads on the nut actually "grip" on the flexible hose as you tighten it. You aren't missing a part. :)

Hope this helps.

As usual, I have found the answer to my problem on these TFP forums, but now that I'm a registered member I can add my thanks. My Polaris 380 had the same issue with the hose coming off frequently. I don't know if the nut was always on backward or not, but turning it around and installing it properly seems much more secure, and I'm sure it will stay on while running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.