Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Am I missing a piece on my Polaris 280?

1. Back To Top    #1

Am I missing a piece on my Polaris 280?

This thing is 2 months old and worked mint until PB came and took it out of the pool to do something. The top hose that supplies the water from the side is not staying on. I put it back down and the hose just comes off again. It seems like I am missing the piece that the nut would go into? Can anybody help me on how I can get it to stay on when water is running through it.

Thanks in advance.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Am I missing a piece on my Polaris 280?

Take the nut off the flexible hose. Slide it on the rigid barb fitting with the threads toward the opening. Slip the flexible hose over the rigid barb. Tighten the nut to the flexible hose.

The threads on the nut actually "grip" on the flexible hose as you tighten it. You aren't missing a part.

Hope this helps.
    18,500 gallon in-ground gunite pool with attached spa. Tahoe blue pebble plaster. Oklahoma flagstone coping. 600 s.f. stamped concrete decking. Hayward equipment: 2 h.p. Super II pump, 48 s.f. DE filter, 400k BTU heater. Polaris 280 cleaner with PB4 booster pump. Zodiac/Jandy iAqualink. Stenner 45MHP10 peristaltic pump with 15 gallon tank. Originally built in 1997. Renovated in 2013.

3. Back To Top    #3

Awesome, thanks. That seemed to do the trick.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

4. Back To Top    #4

As usual, I have found the answer to my problem on these TFP forums, but now that I'm a registered member I can add my thanks. My Polaris 380 had the same issue with the hose coming off frequently. I don't know if the nut was always on backward or not, but turning it around and installing it properly seems much more secure, and I'm sure it will stay on while running.
    19,400 gallon 16' x 36' in ground vinyl, 3' to 6' depth, AquaRite T Cell 15 SWG, Hayward SP 1HP main pump, PB4 60 booster pump driving a Polaris 380 cleaner, Hayward S 244 T sand filter, and a Hayward Heat Pro HP21002 heat pump.

Good times will set you free - Jimmy Buffett