Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New here w/questions re: Intext 10 X 30 Easy Set & bleach

1. Back To Top    #1

New here w/questions re: Intext 10 X 30 Easy Set & bleach

I just found your website and have been reading Pool School and your recommendations for temporary pools - so helpful!

Before finding TFP, I was planning to follow the recommendations of another website, but I really like the pool calculator here and it seems so much easier to just "start-up".

I am currently waiting for Kem-Tek All-In-One granules, Algaecide and pH minus to come from Amazon (also by Kem-Tek) - ordered these on recommendations from other site. I have an HTH 6 way test kit. I started filling our pool this morning and added 15 oz of 6% bleach per the pool calculator. My readings after this for pH = 7.2 and CL = 7-10. I have a solar cover on it now and plan to let the kids swim in a few hours.

After reading through your recommendations for temporary pools, it seems that I would be able to use just bleach until my Amazon orders arrive... Would it be correct to think I could just be sure to maintain my pH between 7.2 - 7.8 and keep the CL from 3 - 7? With only using bleach and not something with CYA in it for now, I am thinking I would need to test every 3 to 4 hours to make sure the CL is keeping up with swimmers and the sun... In the evenings I thought I could add enough bleach per the pool calculator to get the CL to 12 to "shock" the water.

Am I waaaaay off ???? and if so - could you make recommendations for me for what to do until my chemicals arrive? Amazon says they should all be here by Tues, July 9th.

I currently have 1 half gallon of 6% bleach, 1 gallon of 8.25% bleach, 1 box of Borax, the HTH 6 way tester, one 1 lb pack of HTH pool shock granules that I tried to use a few days ago but they didn't dissolve - so I drained the pool and started over, one 3 inch HTH super tab that I broke into 10 pieces (don't ask!) and a solar cover.

Thank you so much,
    Jenny
    Intex Easy Set 10 X 30 * 1018 gallons * cartridge filter * AG * 110-120 volt Filter Pump with 530 gallon (2,006 L) per hour flow rate

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New here w/questions re: Intext 10 X 30 Easy Set & bleac

Welcome to tfp, blubell7

The granuales you bought appear to be dichlor, so you can just follow the temporary pool guide when you get them. Until you get them you can just use bleach/liquid chlorine per your good plan
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New here w/questions re: Intext 10 X 30 Easy Set & bleac

Thank you so much for the info and the fast reply!
    Intex Easy Set 10 X 30 * 1018 gallons * cartridge filter * AG * 110-120 volt Filter Pump with 530 gallon (2,006 L) per hour flow rate