Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Total gallons of pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Total gallons of pool

Im a little confused on how big my pool is. I have an 18x36 IG. Shallow end is 40" and deep end is 8'. My dig specs show it as 22,000 gallons. The pool calculator shows 29,100 and other calculations show anywhere from 22k to 30k.

I would love to trust the dig specs, but I suspect 22k is too low in reality.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Total gallons of pool

I'm sure someone out there can provide an equation to calculate exact gallons taking into account the slope from shallow to deep end, if you want exact volume. You can estimate using the pool calculator. Test your FC and raise it to the top of the range for a 22k pool according to the pool calculator, circulate 30 minutes and retest. If the FC does not go as high as it should have, then next time you test for FC raise the volume of the pool in the calculator and see if the 29k value is closer.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!