Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Auto pool cleaners

1. Back To Top    #1

Auto pool cleaners

Ok got my pool all up and running and it's grrrreat. Now I'm looking for a suction side cleaner. Every review or set of reviews, this one is the best then omg it is horrible from the next user. So I am here trying to get an opinion from some people that actually know what is up. Ones I have, kinda, had my eye on: kreepy krauly lil shark, the haward aqua bug, kreepy krauly easy vac, barracuda ranger. Also, more then willing to hear recommendation on ones not listed
    sharkline matrix 18x33x54
    SD80 filter
    hayward matrix 1hp 2 speed pump
    Tf-100 can't live without it

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Auto pool cleaners

I have a Wanda the Whale, and I like it. I will post more tomorrow when I am on my computer if you are interested.

John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have had two aqua bots like Wanda and they work great on flat bottomed above ground pools. diverDan is currently cleaning my pool.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by techguy
    I have had two aqua bots like Wanda and they work great on flat bottomed above ground pools. diverDan is currently cleaning my pool.
    How smooth does your liner need to be? I wasn't able to get every wrinkle out of the bottom as it filled. Will these automatic cleaners operate correctly if has a less-than-perfectly smooth surface to clean?
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

5. Back To Top    #5

I have wrinkles and rocks, it works fine. It uses little feet to walk. I have a YouTube video out there. At about the two minute mark you see the feet working.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by techguy
    I have wrinkles and rocks, it works fine. It uses little feet to walk. I have a YouTube video out there. At about the two minute mark you see the feet working.
    Link?
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

7. Back To Top    #7

[youtube:2fq6niq6]NJrIqkf9k9A[/youtube:2fq6niq6]

I was on my iPad and links are harder to share. I am on a full computer now.
    -- Guy --