When should I turn off my Chlorine Generator?

Jul 4, 2013
This might sound like a dumb question, but I have looked pretty much everywhere on the Internet and I haven't found a satisfying answer.

I just got an above ground pool (18') with the Aqua Nature (Hayward) chlorine generation system. The system can detect when it has "NO FLOW" has it has a LED that blinks when it's the case.
My filter pump is currently running 24h a day, and I want to install a timer so it could run only during the day (and probably save some money on electricity).

Is it OK to just shut off the filter pump and leave the chlorine generator to the AUTO mode? Will the generator stop making chlorine when it detects no more flow?

Thanks for your help guys...

Welcome to TFP!

The flow switch is meant to be a back up. If you add a timer for the pump, it should also supply the power for the SWG. This would thus not allow the SWG to function even if the flow switch failed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.