Zappy Vac Pool Cleaner with Intex 1600 GPH Krystal Clear San

Janna

Jun 3, 2013
My husband and I are new above ground pool owners..... our first year and next year we will upgrade to a larger size. We started with a small Intex easy set 10' with this over kill filter system; figuring if we liked it, we will upgrade the pool next year and have the filter system 'know how" down.

So far, pool life is wonderful!

I am posting here to possibly help another newbie that is trying to make the Zappy automatic pool cleaner work with a small pool and/or the Intex 1600 GPH Krystal Clear Sand Filter & Saltwater System.

Even though the Zappy states for 15' dia x 36" deep and larger, it works fine with our 10'x 30"

We did have some initial issues with the pump. The Zappy either would not work, or if it did, the pump alarm for low flow went off. We had to adjust the horsepower regulator on the Zappy to .5 hp to keep the Zappy working and keep our pump alarm from going off. We can visually see that the water flow is not as fast with the Zappy set at .5 hp and we are keeping our eye on the system...but, so far so good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.