Recycling the old pump??

Jul 2, 2013
Greetings!

I had to replace the Polaris Booster Pump in my Pool.

Ever since that, the old (replaced) Pump is sitting by the Filter.

I don't put it in Garbage. I would like to put in Recycle etc.

Any ideas from the Forum will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't know about where you live, but around here we have recycling centers which buy scrap metal. Not only would it be recycled, but you could pick up a couple of bucks in the process! We save our aluminum cans, as well any other metal stuff, and take them to the recycling center every couple of months and throw the money in our family piggy bank for family night activities.

Recycle it ! I usually sell metal scrap at the SIMS center that's just a few blocks from my place. When you sell scrap, remember to sell in bulk, because that way you can be assured of a higher price. Scrap yards pay better when you sell a large volume. You can look up online to gather more details about SIMS and their center located closest to you. Hope this helps!

I second the recycling idea. I picked up $9 last week for some scrap that I didn't want to fill up the landfill. An old bed frame, an old folding chair frame, tomato cages, a bent snow shovel, & some other junk - some ferrous metal (steel), aluminum, & "pot" metal. Might have used $2 in gas driving there.

My local place also pays for plastic coated wire, like Cat 5 computer cable. They will collect old electronics (boomboxes, headsets, computer parts & peripherals), but don't pay for them.

Collect junk from around the house & tool shed and wait 'til you have a trunkful to make the trip worth the gas money it takes to drive there.

Cheers!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.