Liner ruined again. Drainage issue.

Jul 1, 2013
Arkansas
For the second time since we had pool installed a heavy round of storms dropped over 5 inches of rain in a short period. The water table rose and lifted the liner. When it drained the liner was wrinkled in several places. I've been thinking that French drains should be installed around pool. I already diverted all the roof downspouts out of pool area. Any better ideas? maybe some kind of sump pump?

Where are you located?
This sounds very frustrating!

Did the liner shrink, or are there just wrinkles in it? Above ground, or in ground?

Please fill in your signature and location info in your profile as instructed in the 1st link in pool school. This way we can better assist you based on your climate and equipment.
See my Sig for link.

I am assuming you have an inground pool. About the only thing that could have been done is a 4" perforated tile buried at the time the pool was built, under the deepest point. That either run to a sump pump pit or daylight idf available. This would of helped to eliminat ground water as it came in.

same thing happened to me 2 times although never in swim season. I live with the wrinkles. I considered digging a hole nearby and installing a pump. Othere wise i make sure i keep the pool level as high as possible when its closed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.