Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner ruined again. Drainage issue.

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner ruined again. Drainage issue.

For the second time since we had pool installed a heavy round of storms dropped over 5 inches of rain in a short period. The water table rose and lifted the liner. When it drained the liner was wrinkled in several places. I've been thinking that French drains should be installed around pool. I already diverted all the roof downspouts out of pool area. Any better ideas? maybe some kind of sump pump?
    IG 40x18 Lazy L. 35000 gallons. Vinyl. Sand filter 1.5 Pentair single speed. 2 skimmers 2 mains 3 returns

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liner ruined again. Drainage issue.

Where are you located?
    This sounds very frustrating!

Did the liner shrink, or are there just wrinkles in it? Above ground, or in ground?

Please fill in your signature and location info in your profile as instructed in the 1st link in pool school. This way we can better assist you based on your climate and equipment.
    See my Sig for link.
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I am assuming you have an inground pool. About the only thing that could have been done is a 4" perforated tile buried at the time the pool was built, under the deepest point. That either run to a sump pump pit or daylight idf available. This would of helped to eliminat ground water as it came in.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

4. Back To Top    #4

same thing happened to me 2 times although never in swim season. I live with the wrinkles. I considered digging a hole nearby and installing a pump. Othere wise i make sure i keep the pool level as high as possible when its closed.
    17,000 gal inground
    vinyl
    swg
    3hp 8 returns
    heat siphon heat pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Just wrinkles.
    IG 40x18 Lazy L. 35000 gallons. Vinyl. Sand filter 1.5 Pentair single speed. 2 skimmers 2 mains 3 returns

6. Back To Top    #6

My AG has wrinkles... always has.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

I have heard it said on here that you can use a plunger to pull out the wrinkles. But you do have to be careful, as you can tear the liner.
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D