TA is 350

Dustin

May 15, 2013
I set up my pool, filled it with softened well water and shocked it to 10 with Clorox (late afternoon) and I added the 200 lbs of salt. At the end of the next day I shocked it again to 10 and got my SWG installed and running at 7 hours. I am now in the process of dissolving 64oz of cya to bring my cya level up to 55 initially and will bring it up to about 75 in a couple weeks.

My initial test (hth 6 way)

FC 0 (the initial shock burned off)
PH 8.4 (MA added to reduce ph to 7.6)
TA 350
TH 50 (total hardness according to the hth 6 way kit)
CYA 0
Salt 3300

From what I've been reading about TA, I need to lower the PH to 7.0-7.2 and fabricate a way to aerate the water to lower the TA. Is this plan correct? Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dustin

aerating does raise ph AFTER you lower it and TA. You lower PH and it will also lower the TA.

You can turn your return so that it "rolls" the water at the top. You can even go so far is to let it it come up out of the water a little.

You can also buy something like this. http://www.amazon.com/Splash-Pools-3070 ... +sprinkler

Just make sure to get the correct size of threads for you pool.

I just rotate it into the pool when I do not want to cool the water or raise the PH.

Good luck!

Kim

My nozzle is pointing up and is roughing the water good but isn't breaking surface. Maybe I'll just build a PVC adapter to screw into it.

Do you think this will take several weeks of continuous aerating/acid cycles?

And are you saying that aerating will cool the water? We currently have upper 90's temp and my water is very cold from the well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JasonLion said:
It can take weeks.

and weeks....

I have a similar pool and aerating isn't easy as it would be with something like a waterfall or other feature. I start with 220 TA and usually give up by the time I get down to 120. It just takes tooooo long! Your SWG will help too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.