Two weeks wait to swim after fill or wait more?

Azmp1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 20, 2012
Maryland
My builder told me two weeks after fill which will be in two days. Though I'm still a bit concerned as I'm reading some info suggesting a full 4 week wait.
We did a normal start up with only sequestering agent being added. The chemistry is now in good order, pH still goes up everyday but I'm keeping it at bay with MA at ~7.6. Everything else is within normal levels now. So are we good to go to start using the pool at the two weeks mark?

There are two concerns. First, in the first several hours it is possible to damage the plaster. After than, you don't want to swim until the PH is under control and the pool has measurable FC levels. That often takes a week or so. Some are more conservative, but once PH and FC are in appropriate ranges I don't see the point of waiting longer.

+1. We swam at 9 days after plaster, 7 days after equipment. That's when pH and FC were correct. Enjoy, hot weather is here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.