Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm struggling with how best to have my jets and skimmer to get maximum skimming from the pool. I have a wide mouth skimmer (which seems to do little else besides reduce the pull of the skimmer itself, since the actual weir/opening is much smaller than the mouth) which doesn't work all that great. The skimmer and the current position of a skim-it are the yellow items in the pic. The orange box is my stairs and the two white boxes with arrows are the jets and the direction they are pointed currently. The one in the upper right is the kind of jet that goes along the wall, while the other is just a straight jet (slight angle, but straight, for all intents and purposes). The wind usually comes from the west (left to right across the pool).

So...the question is...what kind of jets would you have and how would you aim them and how would you put the skim-it in order to maximize the skimming that happens?

[attachment=0:2fgzl0d1]water flow.jpg[/attachment:2fgzl0d1]

Attachments

• water flow.jpg
    water flow.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 36
Looks good your way. Maybe treat each jet like a bank shot to the skimmer in billiards and angle each one that way. Someone here had a great suggestion of using a ping pong ball to see how it reacts to the wind and flow. I have used a bleach bottle cap but I don't think that reflects the winds' effect as much as the ping pong ball.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.