Newbie question about FC in a SWG pool

tcasto

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 25, 2013
Bucks County PA
Happy Fourth of July! I was hoping for some confirmation that the pool is ok to swim in today.... I am new at this, have been reading Pool School and have started testing using a Taylor 2006. We did not use the pool in about 5 days due to rainy weather.

Here are the results of the tests from 5 days ago and today:

Test 5 days ago Today
FC 7.5 12
PH 7 7
TA 90 90
CH 170 150
CYA 95 90 - 95 (went down a little bit)

I checked out the Chlorine/CYA chart in Pool School and the chart does not go up high enough to account for a 90 - 95 CYA
My FC is much higher at 12 today - Is it ok to swim in? Is my Ph too low?
The solar cover was on for 5 days, I took it off this morning before I tested but it is not that sunny today.
Any thoughts? :?:

Thanks so much! I think I am starting to get the hang of this - I added a box of Borax last night after the fireworks :goodjob: .... and this morning the ph numbers are better. Supposed to be a hot one today in PA - so the pool is up and ready for action.

FC 10.5
PH 7.4
TA 90
CH 130
CYA 90 - 95

I noticed the CH level went down too? Is that a byproduct of the Borax or just a fluke test result? I have a vinyl liner so the CH is not a big concern.

Thanks again for the help and enjoy the weekend!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.