How to clean my Pool with Baking Soda and HouseHold Bleach

Jul 4, 2013
I have an above ground pool:
18' feet by 48' inch. Holds 6450 Gallons of water.

I want to be able to clean my pool with baking soda and bleach and I'm not sure how much product I need to buy
and how to go about keeping my pool clean... I am a first time pool owner.
Thank you much for any suggestions :)

Re: How to clean my Pool with Baking Soda and HouseHold Blea

Welcome to TFP!

Are you saying that you want to operate your pool using bleach and baking soda? If so, you have come to the right place! :goodjob:

Please start reading Pool School. You also need to get yourself a good test kit. The Pool School link is at the top right of each page. Click it and start reading.

Welcome! Read pool school a couple of time through and play with the pool calculator to see how much of each it will take to get to the levels we recommend for your gallon size.

Ditto's, it's not something that can be adequatly explained in a single thread.
You need to spend a bit of time reading Pool School (link is upper corner), I recommend printing it out.
You need a proper drop-based test kit (no strips) which are also discussed in Pool School.
From there you can go to PoolCalculator.com to get recommend dosage levels.

Lots of people here will help with specific problems but the start of the journey is Pool School and test kit.
There's a bit of an initial learning curve but it's not that hard and by the end of summer you can be a pro.

I know everyone else said it, but it's important, so I'll say it too:

1. Read Pool School
2. Order a good test kit
3. Read Pool School
4. Push away fron the computer, have a beverage.
5. Read Pool School

And welcome to the friendliest forum on the internet!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.