Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC of 14

1. Back To Top    #1

FC of 14

I installed a new swg about a week ago. I had an issue where I had my pump off for a few days because I was waiting for a part, so I poured in chlorine at shock level so pool would not turn green. I been running the pump 24/7 because I just finished adding borates,by the way....the borate calculator in pool school was dead on for adding the correct amount of MA and Borax.

Now my FC is at 14ppm. My cya is 70-80, my salt is 4300 n swg running at 50%. Last night I set the pump to run 10 hrs a day. How do I get my FC to drop? Just wait or cut my swg down some?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FC of 14

10 hours pump time sounds like massive overkill. I'd start by turning the SWG off and reducing the pump to maybe 6 hours, and when FC drops to maybe 6, turn the SWG back on and monitor the FC level.

pool-school/pump_run_time
    pool-school/salt_water_chlorine_generators
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Turn the SWG off and take the cover off for a day to let the sunlight at your pool. Test it and when it's at the right level fire up the SWG again. It's safe to swim as it is (you're below shock level). Is your SWG running 10 hours a day as well?
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Sounds like a good plan. Yes,swg on w/ pump timer. I guess I had the pump running so long because my old swg cell was dying. Does anyone know if a pool pilot swg goes back on automatically when turned off then power is restored by timer. I mean, do I have to manually turn it off everyday?

If I do go with 6 hrs a day,what % would u set swg?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner