Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
So tried to install the larger adapters. Had my son inside the pool with a bowl and I marked the outline.

Began cutting the hole and my son sneezed pushing the bowl and inevitably where I was cutting. Made a nice slash.

Ran around and found patches to cover it up and got those on :/

Now I am stuck because everything is leaking including the adapters. I used the teflon tape on connections as well. I don't know what to do now. I should have left well enough alone I suppose.

The return hole I cut perfectly and it is still leaking as well. I just want to scream at this point..

Any way I can fix this without messing it up more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drained it... Patched and tried again...

Not as bad but still leaking some *sigh* and I have no idea what to do about it now .. I really should have left it alone lol

It was the white thin teflon tape (plumber tape as my dad taught me)

Just to add, make sure your applying the teflon tape in the same direction as you would thread to tighten, otherwise it will peel back the teflon tape and will have leaks. So if your looking at the threaded end, wrap clockwise.

Yeah it is wrapped right... It is leaking from the bottom where I cut .. It isn't a ton so right now I am in the "good enough until winterizing" lol

Of course the more I stare at it the more it will eat at me so I will end up doing again. I just cut the hole wrong and totally my fault *sigh*

Rather than using teflon tape. I use silicon. Take and put a good bead all the around the beginning of the threads. As you thread in it will work its way into threads making it easier to thread in and seal. And yes you can unthread just as easy.

I am so not having a good time lol Now I can't get the intake cover unscrewed so I can hook up the vac ..

We have tried everything and that thing is apparently stuck on there ... Good grief...

If you're talking about the screen on the Intex intake, you're wasting your time, it doesn't unscrew, it is all one piece. And finding a vacuum adapter to fit is next to impossible. That is why most of us install the through the wall skimmer intakes like the Hayward 1091.

Mine was 2 pieces and just screws off but someone threaded it wrong and it was completely not budging.

However, gave me the opportunity to fix the leaks by pulling it back out. We had to literally take a hammer to the screen and whack it. We finally got it back apart and I just screwed my smaller cover into the inner threading which is where my vacuum adapter goes as well. It works :)

Got the threads redone in teflon tape and put connector back through and tightened... No leak! Fixed the return one as well but it has a small drip (like a drip every 5 min) so I am satisfied.

So productive day so far lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.