Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacuum Issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacuum Issues

Im not sure what im doing wrong. I take the hoes and put it up to a jet and fill it with water. I then take the plate and connect the line to the plate and then stick it into the skimmer. When I do this, I see air bubbles and turbulence coming out of the jets. When I look at the pump, its not full of water its just a stream flowing into the pump. I have it set on skimmer only, no bottom drain.

Any clue what would cause this?
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vacuum Issues

Hole in hose, water level too low, clog in line? Can you try and vacuum without the plate by just sticking the hose directly into the hole?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ditto what woody said - you'll get better results that way.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    Hole in hose, water level too low, clog in line? Can you try and vacuum without the plate by just sticking the hose directly into the hole?
    Not sure I understand "just sticking the hose directly into the hole". Do you mean pull the basket out and stick the hose into the hole below that?

Its a new hose, the water level is good.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

5. Back To Top    #5

YEP! Just get any big stuff out first with the old net.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

You all rock! That fixed it. Hooking direct to the hole gave me MEGA suction. I guess the skimmer plate doesnt seat well enough