Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help Me...

1. Back To Top    #1

Help Me...

I have installed the Hayward Goldline AQ-TROL-HP AquaTrol Above Ground Chlorinator and three times the hose blew off either the feed side of the Chlorinator or the return side. I have connected it with a 3 foot flexible hose from the filter output to the correct side of the chlorinator and then I have a 6 foot flexible hose going back to the pool. I was wondering if the 3 foot hose from the filter is too short and building up too much pressure causing the hose to blow off the connection. What do I do?? I want to keep the SWG but I am getting frustrated.
    I have a 18' round pool 54" deep Meadows Pool (Namco)8600 gal. Waterway -1 hp motor - Waterway cartridge filter 150SF - Hayward Goldline AQ-TROL-HP Above Ground Chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help Me...

Are you using hose clamps? Getting them tight enough?
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Help Me...

I used hose clamps and also used non-slip tape on the end of the connector before attaching the hose.
    I have a 18' round pool 54" deep Meadows Pool (Namco)8600 gal. Waterway -1 hp motor - Waterway cartridge filter 150SF - Hayward Goldline AQ-TROL-HP Above Ground Chlorinator