chlorine question

hurt5150

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2013
Missouri
So, working on the 4 days of dichlor to get cya level up. The dichlor came with the pool so I decided to use it instead of buying CYA by itself. I noticed after 2 days that the chlorine level stayed pretty high ie>8-10 throughout the day (am testing am and pm so far) so in order for my kid to be able to swim, I have been adding less dichlor at night. I still need to add two bags to get my CYA to approx. 30 so my best guess is that right now I'm looking at about 22 for CYA.

This am my FC is 4.5, pH between 7.6 and 7.8. I did the overnight chlorine loss test and it was 0.5 which made me happy, my CC is 0-0.5, and my water is clear.

Today being the holiday I anticipate lots of people in and out of the pool and forecast is to be sunny.

My question is, do I add some bleach now to bump up the chlorine a bit or do I just go with what I have and test again this pm and adjust accordingly? Thanks for the advice. (gonna figure out that signature thing before the weekend is over--24 foot AGP brand spanking new--complete newbie to pool care, pool school student)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.