Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair intelliflo, Intellichlor and Intermatic PE653RC

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair intelliflo, Intellichlor and Intermatic PE653RC

I have been using the Intermatic to control an older single speed Hayward pump and Intellichlor IC40. Currently the pump and IC40 are wired to terminal 3 of the PE653RC to make sure both run at the same time. Now my problem is how to rewire. Intermatic can control a multispeed pump using data cable and terminals but it appears to need all 5 controls (buttons) to do this. Each button is assigned a specific speed. The speeds are set in a sub-menu. Does this inactive the terminals? Are they still available for other uses? Diagram shows only pump hooked up but manual gives no info on status of terminals. Intermatic wiring diagram shows two breakers, one each for pump and PE653RC when configured this way while only one is needed in other setups. I emailed Intermatic support but no reply so far. My other concern is how to wire so the IC40 only runs when the pump is running. Can I connect to one of the terminals and have it run only at a specific speed? IC40 diagrams show both pump and IC40 wired to data terminals when using their products. Same with Intermatic? Also states power should come from pump relay as it has in the past. Can anyone clarify this for me? I can put the IC40 on its own timer if needed.
    5K gal, AG vinyl, cartridge, Intex Model 635T, 6/15/13

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Pentair intelliflo, Intellichlor and Intermatic PE653RC

I read through the manual and it's not clear how that would work. I'd see what Intermatic has to say.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Houston, TX

Re: Pentair intelliflo, Intellichlor and Intermatic PE653RC

I think the terminals still work, you just have to setup the submenus in the remote. Take a gander at the remote manual instead of the head unit manual. I think there is a detailed explanation of how to setup scenes and terminals from there. Note that I wouldn't trust that all oft the terminals are available or will behave the way you expect them to ... or the way they are documented to...
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit