We just got our 22' by 52" Intex pool put up, filled up

KBell

Jul 3, 2013
Our question is what do we do now? We added the Intex saltwater system and have run everything like the DVD says to do. We have put the salt in now, what do we need to do now, we hear alot about the CYA, do we need to add that now? Or should we test on the water with just the salt added and then go from there? We are swimming pool virgins, so we need some help. Thanks in advance. :?:

Ok,
on the test strip we just used the FC...was a beige color
the ph was a pink color and the total Alkalinity was 240. The copper was 0.1

We also had a fresh water pH strip and it read 7.8

There's no pink or beige in the chart. So now what do I need to do? Do I need to have my water tested by a pool place? Thanks

Take a look at Pool School, read as much of it as you can, study it, then read some more later. In particular, you need to get one of our recommended test kits.

See my Sig below for all these links.

Test strips, aside from salt, are just a shot in the dark..... at best!
Pool store testing is just about as bad. Nothing, I mean nothing beats being able to test your water yourself and knowing, as well as understanding what's in it, what to put in it and why.
This site as well as its knowledgeable members, even those just starting out and veterans alike, will happily help you learn to do just that. For 1 simple reason, because we all love pools and what goes along with them. Seeing people enjoy them...... Trouble Free! :mrgreen:

It all starts in Pool School, it may seem daunting, but it just looks that way. We all started out just like you at some point. If it weren't for the nice folks that run this place, we wouldn't have learned a better way to manage our pools, nor would we be here.

Edit: Disconnect those copper plates on your SWCG unit. It just turns your hair green, causes staining and other bad problems. It's not needed for it to do its job, the other set of plates are where the business end of things happen. You can use the forum's Google search @ top right to find out more from countless others that have done the same thing.

Also, please fill in your signature and location info in your profile as instructed in the 1st link in pool school. This way we can better assist you based on your climate and equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.