Replacement Motor Help

Jun 13, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Hi all,

I have a 1HP (SF=1.25) Pinnacle pool pump. It's ten years old. Tonight, I turned it off to empty the basket. When I reinstalled the basket and turned it back on, it just hummed and then tripped itself off internally after a few seconds, and I could smell a burning smell.

Tomorrow, I am going to tear it apart and see if the impeller is jammed, but if I can't find anything obvious, I plan to replace the motor. I am 99.9% sure that nothing entered the impeller area when the basket was removed.

It is an A.O. Smith motor and after doing some Googling, it looks like I need a model number USQ1102 or for a few more bucks, I can get a more energy efficient version (UQC1102). I'm leaning to the latter.

Can anyone recommend a reliable source that provides good prices? I found this source, which was significantly lower than any place else, but the price seems too good to be true ($139 vs $224 on Amazon).

Also, I'm confused as to what pump seal I need.

As an aside, I would love a 2-speed, but I tried a few years ago, and my salt system did not like the low speed at all. It kept giving me a Low Flow message and would not generate salt.

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.