Heater and pump questions

Hi pool lovers :) I am beyond excited! We purchased our 13 x 22 foot ultra frame pool a few days ago!! Planning on getting instal going when we get back from vacation. Here is the plan: digging out yard down about 2-2.5 feet with about 2 feet of extra space overdug to set up pool in the "hole" and the. Building a wooden deck around it with hot tub. We have got a solar cover and reel stand that we will put up, along with some other stuff that is coming off a few defunct inground pools we have found. We are going to change the plumbing to PVC and add a 1 hp pump and a sand filter.

Also considering a 212000 btu natural gas tropical aisle pool heater. We are wondering if there any substansial reason putting that kind of heater with this pool would be a problem?

Also thinking of looking into converting to propane if natural gas isn't feesible. Anyone done this?

Thanks for taking time to read my long and boring posts.

Do you suppose if we go that route that the cost to run would be significantly more ? The reason we are going the route of the inground heater is because it is coming off a pool that is being closed in and they are selling it to us for only $200

We are on a budget. Including the pool, which cost $1000 and a deck which I have no idea of the cost we need to be under $5000.00

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.