Pentair light out of sync

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
I just hooked up my Intellibrite 5g (3) and Pentair Color Cascade bubblers (3). Initially, I put them all on one relay to try them out. They all work perfect in single color mode... they all come on in the right color, but in any of the sequence modes, ONE Color Cascade comes on in the same color as all the others, but then immediately goes off on it's own... seems like the same color sets the others are doing, but the timing is way different. All 5 other lights are completely in sync... but the one bubbler light is off... this happens in EVERY color changing mode. I bought all 3 bubblers at the same time... all manufactured this year. All lights on one relay and transformer.

Any ideas? Other than it is a defective light?

I dug around a bit and found the answer... the bubblers have an additional RANDOM mode... enabled by entering Party mode twice in 30 seconds... and disabled by entering party mode 4 rimes in 30 seconds. It applies to color cycle modes and randomizes the delay between color changes so the same colors are used but each light randomizes the changes. One of my bubblers must have been used before or during testing they left it in random mode. As far as I can tell, the 5g lights do not have random mode.

Hooked up my GloBrite shelf light today... seems to be dead on arrival. Nothing. No light at all. On the same junction box as another 5g so I know it has power. Strange.

I hope it is ok to reply to an old thread. Did you set up your bubblers to the automation yourself? I'm trying to get our 3 bubblers set up and I cannot figure out how to control them independent of the intellibrite 5G pool light. Do you control both through the lights menu?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.