Pay close attention to your warranty

Jun 29, 2010
League City, Texas
we have a Haywood T-cell-15. Since building the pool in 2006, we just replaced the 2nd t-cell. the first time was in 2010 and the original cell was warrantied for 5 years. 3yrs=100% replacement; years 4-5 was on a percentage..so in 2010 we paid 40% of the cost to replace. The replacement was only warrantied for three years. Just last week the i noticed a problem with the cell and returned it to the pool place. It was barely within the 3yr time period and we were told that the breakdown was: 1yr=100% and 2yr=60% and 3yr=40%. This didn't sound right to me so i called Haywood and they told me that was incorrect. Haywood stopped warrantying for 5yrs and did away with the percentage thing. ALL 3yr warranties are 100% for 3 years. I called the pool place and they came up with some other reasons not to give us the 100%-which I was able to argue successfully against. However, the pool place guy told me that he would have to speak to his district manager and when I asked to speak to his store manager-he told me she was not in. Anyway, another call to Haywood and "Melvin" agreed to call the store. Next thing I know, Melvin called me back to tell me to go pick up my free replacement! Next call was from the store and the pool guy told me that neither he nor his store manager nor his district manager knew that the warranty was 100% for 3yrs.

Also found out some interesting info from Melvin at Haywood. He said that the first digit in your serial number is the warranty year (i.e. if first digit is "5" then its a 5yr warranty and so on). The pool place told us that our "new" replacement would not have a warranty. I called Haywood back again after picking up the new replacement and asked to speak to Melvin--Melvin told me that whatever the digit reflects on the new replacement serial number is the controlling factor for replacement warranty!!! Our new serial number begins with 3!! Just wanted to pass this along in the event it can help someone. Have a great 4th of July!! We will be having a party with the money we would have spent on these very expensive cells.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.