New Pool Build in Atlanta! (Updated 8/28 PebbleSheen pics)

Re: New Pool Build in Atlanta! (Updated 8/28 PebbleSheen pic

zephard said:
We are at the same step as you. We have everything but decking and plaster and I can't get my PB to give me a date on those. We have a little bit of electrical left and the PB said they need to check to see if we need a larger gas meter. They came highly recommended but communication is severally lacking.

How's your build going? Our PB is highly recommended and regarded too, but their communication sucks. Every outside person we've talked to has said this PB is the best in Atlanta, so we are trying to stay calm and hope our build isn't the exception.

FirstPoolLastPool said:
Looks really good and it appears you went fast after the rain stopped!

Regarding your question about Pebblesheen it was a tough choice for us to evaluate color from small samples or other people's pools under different lighting conditions just like it was for you.

We ended up going with Pebblesheen "Blue Granite" which is kind of dark. Definitely a personal choice. I am glad my wife has the eye for color and design because it keeps the pressure off me :-D

Good luck, I really like your design.
Thank you! I'm sorry I missed this earlier. We have chosen Prism Blue, though who knows when we will ever see it!

Re: New Pool Build in Atlanta! (Updated 8/6)

Pavers took a while to install. Partly because of the rain and partly because they didn't order enough, then we had to wait for more to be delivered, then more rain! They look great now that they're in the ground!
image-32.jpg

Re: New Pool Build in Atlanta! (Updated 8/6)

After the pavers were installed, the dirt removed from the pool excavation needed to be spread and the ground graded for the fence gates to be replaced. We were at the mercy of the weather and needed THREE DAYS with NO RAIN before they would even try it. Do you know how rare that is in Atlanta this summer? After the third day, it still wasn't dry enough, and it wasn't completed until 3 days after that. Yesterday the fence gates were replaced. Today we awoke to the sweet sounds of PEBBLESHEEN!

image-3-1.jpg

image-28.jpg

image-20.jpg

image-27.jpg

Finished:
image-33.jpg

image-30.jpg

image-31.jpg

Tomorrow they are coming back to acid wash it and we think add water?!?! Could we possibly be in there before SEPTEMBER?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.