TCJ4

Re: Taylor test results for new fill in! FINALLY!

I have put in 1 trichlor tablet since friday but my FC has been very low 0.5 ppm and my Cc:0 i was wondering if i should add another trichlor tablet ?

You certainly need more chlorine. I would add some bleach, or other kind of chlorine that dissolves quickly, to get the FC level back up to something reasonable (3 or 4). Another trichlor tablet is a good idea, though it dissolves too slowly to have any effect in the short term.

There is hints in your explanation that your CYA level is much lower than you think it should be. Low CYA will burn off most of your chlorine each sunny day.

I just added 26 oz of calcium hypochloride which according to the pool calculator wil give me a FC level of 14 ppm.

Just checked the FC i got 0.4ppm
The pool became cloudy after adding the calcium hypochloride just wondering if it's normal and how long does it usually take to clear it up?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Cal-hypo will cause clouding if your CH level is already high. On the other hand, something is consuming your chlorine, and it might be what is causing the cloudy water.

Regardless, if you gave the cal-hypo addition at least 30 minutes to mix in before testing and FC was then 0.4, you need to shock the pool. If you gave it less time to mix in it might be that you tested some water it hadn't mixed into yet.

After i added the cal-hypo i didn't test the FC do you i should test it now or in the morning??

Btw the water was clear before i added the cal-hypo,after i put in the cal-hypo it turned cloudy

Just checked CH its 40ppm

I though you said you tested after. If you didn't then that part of what I said doesn't apply.

I didn't see you post a CH test result. That is the next thing to do, find out what your CH level is. You don't want to be using cal-hypo if your CH level is already high.

Just checked the FC it's 7ppm

Last night when i was using the pool calculator i forgot to change the volume from 10k to 4440 so i put in 26oz of cal-hypo which according to the pool calculator will give me a FC of 28ppm,so the FC dramatically dropped in the night.

Water is still a little cloudy

That sounds like you have an algae problem. CH wasn't high enough to cause calcium clouding, so I am assuming the clouding was algae. Time to follow the full shock process, see Pool School if you are not familiar.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.