Taylor test results for new fill in! FINALLY!

Haley

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2013
Washington
Hi all!

So this is my first time using my Taylor K2006 kit. Hopefully I got everything correct:

TA: 140
FC: 5.5
PH: 7.3
CC: 0
CH: 180
Didn't test for CYA because I put in 24 oz of stabilizer in this morning along with my 37 oz of bleach for my new fill, and from what I've read it doesn't really register for a week or so and I don't want to mess with it until someone thinks I should. But my sock-full is pretty much dissolved.

Going to check now against the Recommended Levels at Pool School and visit the calculator if they're in need of adjusting. :crazy:

Awesome! TCJ4, I'm not sure about the answer to that since I haven't tested for CYA yet... Hopefully someone can answer that question for us. :wink:

More questions I have for anyone:
-When are we able to swim? I'm assuming I don't have to shock?
-Before people swim, I noticed that some add a cup of bleach to the pool? Is that helpful?

I would say to "assume" the CYA is in the pool. So, if you added enough CYA to get you to 40PPM, enter 40 in to the "measured" section of PoolCalculator and use the levels it provides. In this case, a 40CYA suggests a 3-7 PPM FC range. So your FC of 5.5 is mid range and perfect for swimming!

Tonight, after the swimming is done, measure again and bring it up to 7 (or 8 if its going to be hot and sunny). Lather, rinse, repeat everyday adjusting each level based on your results and the recommendations of the poolcalc...

If you keep getting low evening numbers, adjust your FC goal up (10?) or add more CYA, but this is for another day.

As to adding a cup of bleach before swimming, that is essentially what you are doing "after" the swim. You will be "feeding the pool" bleach each night like your family pet. If you skip a night your "pet" may get cranky and turn green on you and require more food the next week (shocking the pool).

If you feed the pool the amount the FAS_DPD test tells you to everyday, your pool will be sparkly clean every day.

TCJ4,

I have seen your comments about what you are doing in several threads today but I have not seen a thread addressing your issues.

If you make comments in several diverse threads, we cannot help. We need all of your comments and concerns in one place where we can understand the whole problem. Trichlor is not typically the recommended method here at TFP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.