Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CompuPool output question...

1. Back To Top    #1

CompuPool output question...

Hi everybody:

Is the output % a percentage of time (as in cuts on for two minutes out of ten, if set at 20%)? Or, is it on all the time and just the actual output is controlled by the output setting?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike

9500 gallon plaster/gunite pool w/waterfall, 1/2 HP 1sp pump, 120 sq-ft Cartridge Filter, 336 sq-ft EPDM Solar Panels, CPSC16 SWG, Boratized

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CompuPool output question...

On the CompuPool, and most other SWGs, it is a percentage of the time that the pump is on that the SWG is also on. There are a few models of SWG where the activity level of the cell is adjusted based on the percentage setting and the cell is on all of the time that the pump is on, but that is uncommon.

The end result is exactly the same regardless of how this is done.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Mmmm....I've never seen mine while "off." It appears to be running all the time, even when I set the output to 10%. My FC is 8.0 and I can't get that to budge, no matter what % output I set.
    Mike

9500 gallon plaster/gunite pool w/waterfall, 1/2 HP 1sp pump, 120 sq-ft Cartridge Filter, 336 sq-ft EPDM Solar Panels, CPSC16 SWG, Boratized

4. Back To Top    #4

What happens when you turn the percentage down to 0%?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

It stops producing gas and says "No Output."
    Mike

6. Back To Top    #6

It's amps that changes.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

7. Back To Top    #7

Bobo is right, which he should be because we both own the same system. The CPSC cell is clear (but blue) and when you turn down the percentage, it still bubbles, just less. When it kicks back up to test salt, you can see the bubbles increase during the test. So it absolutely is the amps.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

Yep, that is what the Compu Pool support tech told me today, too.
    Mike