I think I'm ready

kmgt

Jun 18, 2013
Ok, I think I'm ready to try this BBB thing. Here's my info.

1) I have fresh water (new liner) this year. I also have a frog but I did not put in a new mineral pack or an algae thing. I did use 2 bac Pacs just to aid in getting my CYA up.

2) I live in Ohio, Pool is 27' x 48" round. We've had a ton of rain lately and little sun.

3) Here are my current levels using my Taylor kit.

FC - 3.9 (added a whole jug of bleach two days ago because the PS told me my FC was zero, even though my frog is turned up to full.
PH - 7.2
TA - 90 (fill water was very acid, added some alk+ to get that up as recommended by pool store. Probably needs to go higher?
CYA - Low. PS guessed 20 as they couldn't get a reading. I'm out of reagent so I can't test it at home. My little test strips are showing about 20. I have added 1.75lbs of stabilizer since the new water. Need to get this up I know, but I'm scared to death of going to high because I dealt with high CYA before.

Water looks great. It had been green but I think our well water reacts with large amounts of chlorine. It turned a clear green and then cleared up in 48 hours.

So, what next? Anything I need to adjust? What FC level should I be striving for? Also, how often do you add bleach? How much will I be adding?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.