Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I think I'm ready

1. Back To Top    #1

I think I'm ready

Ok, I think I'm ready to try this BBB thing. Here's my info.

1) I have fresh water (new liner) this year. I also have a frog but I did not put in a new mineral pack or an algae thing. I did use 2 bac Pacs just to aid in getting my CYA up.

2) I live in Ohio, Pool is 27' x 48" round. We've had a ton of rain lately and little sun.

3) Here are my current levels using my Taylor kit.

FC - 3.9 (added a whole jug of bleach two days ago because the PS told me my FC was zero, even though my frog is turned up to full.
    PH - 7.2
    TA - 90 (fill water was very acid, added some alk+ to get that up as recommended by pool store. Probably needs to go higher?
    CYA - Low. PS guessed 20 as they couldn't get a reading. I'm out of reagent so I can't test it at home. My little test strips are showing about 20. I have added 1.75lbs of stabilizer since the new water. Need to get this up I know, but I'm scared to death of going to high because I dealt with high CYA before.

Water looks great. It had been green but I think our well water reacts with large amounts of chlorine. It turned a clear green and then cleared up in 48 hours.

So, what next? Anything I need to adjust? What FC level should I be striving for? Also, how often do you add bleach? How much will I be adding?
    Ohio, 27' x 52" AGP, New Install, Cartridge, 1.5HP Pump, K2006

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: I think I'm ready

You'll eed to add bleach every day. How much, depends on what your testing shows. Use the Pool calculator to figure out how much to add.

You'll want to raise your CYA up to about 40 or 50 ppm.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Re: I think I'm ready

Leave TA alone for now.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!