Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ground wire

1. Back To Top    #1

Ground wire

This is my first time putting the filter together by myself... I have a green ground wire coming from underground..where do I attach the ground wire to my Hayward filter? Pictures would be great along with directions, as I am a visual learner. Thanks so much!!
    Deebers

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ground wire

That is called the bonding wire. There's probably a lug on the metal case of the motor for it. Something like this:

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

A filter has no ground or bonding wire attachmdent
    Tom

18 x 36 Grecian Polynesian Fiberglass Walls with Concrete bottom - 3 ft to 9 1/2 ft. deep -
    Hayward Variable Speed Super Pump SP2600VS 1 1/2 True HP,Hayward sand filter S200, and Hayward auto clorinator. Hayward 250,000 natural gas heater. PoolKeeper automatic water leveler. Loop Loc Ultra Solid Safety Cover. Hayward Color Logic 12 volt light. Dual Pool Deck Jets.
    Polaris 380 auto cleaner. Trouble Free Test Kit TF-100.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi Richard,
    Can you tell from these pictures where the ground needs to go on the filter base?
    Thanks,
    Deebers
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Back To Top    #5

That's where it goes! Just stick the wire in the square opening and tighten the setscrew
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Awesome....Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!