I had a waterfall put in recently. Concrete formed molds. To install it, they put a metal wire mesh from the waterfall down inside the pool under the water and attached it to the pool wall. They then applied a concrete mix over the mesh, molded it and painted it.
My concern is the metal mesh used. Although I can't see behind the concrete they put on, I am pretty sure that some of that metal has to be exposed behind it which gets wet and is under water due to leaching holes.
Can this metal this eat pool chemicals? Recently the pool won't hold chlorine even though the stabilizer levels are fine. It is getting green.