Polaris 380 Making squealing noise in the pool not at the pu

Jul 3, 2013
Hello,
I am new here , did some searches and found alot of great info but not exactly what I am looking for.
We have a Polaris 380 clearner with the PB4-60 older model booster pump. Just recently we noticed
that it is making a squealing noise in the 380 unit in the water but the pump sounds fine. I do have a light
drip at the pump where the drain plug is on the impeller unit but it has been like that for a couple of years.
Is this an indication that the motor is on the way out or is it something I can fix by rebuilding the
Impeller housing unit ?
Thanks in advance .
Doug

Re: Polaris 380 Making squealing noise in the pool not at th

Thanks for the quick reply. Makes sense that it would be in the 380 since the motor is running as it has been for the last handfull of years.
Is there any benefit to taking the booster pump apart and replacing the bearing and o-rings ?

Re: Polaris 380 Making squealing noise in the pool not at th

It seems to be running normally, I will leave it alone and focus on the 380. I have been taking it apart the last coupls of years to replace the belts and the tie wraps the fail. Poolcenter.com looks like a good resource for Polaris parts.
My local shop is way over priced on the replacement parts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.