And I thought I had floating algae ... Look what I found >

Jan 14, 2013
SW Florida
I have a couple of photos to show you.

Yesterday my pool was clean. Today I wake up to find this black stuff floating on the top of the water in my pool here in southern Florida. The water is very clean and the chemicals are well balanced. So why would I be getting this growth on the surface of the water?

As with almost all the pools here in Florida, we have a "cage" around the pool that consists of a very fine mesh plastic screen, so we don't have problems with stuff from the outside getting into the pool.

Anyway, here is a photo of the stuff floating on the water (It's a little hard to see, but there is black stuff floating on the water):

Ants1.jpg

Well, I took the most closest photo of this stuff that my camera was capable of photographing. Then I enlarged the photo on the computer .... and this is what I saw:

I can't believe it ... Looks like microscopic flying ants! ... This photo is really enlarged a lot! ... These flying ants are so small, they can get through the fine mesh screen of the pool cage.

Anybody else living in Florida ever get these guys in your pool? ... Well, hopefully the pool's skimmer will take care of them since they are all floating.

Ants2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.