Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: vacuum relief system

1. Back To Top    #1

vacuum relief system

Need Help The town inspector after 8 years decided to pay us a visit and told me i need a vacuum relief system ???? i have fiberglass pool from Waterworld and it has one drain in the bottom , so I need one he said. any easy way inexpensive to get this item??
    19000 Gal. Fiberglass Inground 44x18 irregular shape pool
    Heat Siphon heater , Cooper Ind. Ranger Series Sand Filter, 3/4 HP Speck pump, Astral inline Chlorinator
    Aquacheck and TF100 tester
    NJ USA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: vacuum relief system

When you say pool vacuum relief, inexpensive goes right out the window. It's like saying marine part!

There are several models the you add to the plumbing or drain plug on the pump basket. Vac-Alert and Vacless SVRS are two of them. They run about $600 - $700 a piece.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    When you say pool vacuum relief, inexpensive goes right out the window. It's like saying marine part!

There are several models the you add to the plumbing or drain plug on the pump basket. Vac-Alert and Vacless SVRS are two of them. They run about $600 - $700 a piece.
    Thanx for the response , i read the Gream baker act signed by the Pres. Bush in dec 2007, i purchased the pool in 2005 from water World also thew act requires only public pools and spas to have this system. I told the Inspector he said he will get back to me ? have you heard of residential pool having to install this after the passage of the law?
    19000 Gal. Fiberglass Inground 44x18 irregular shape pool
    Heat Siphon heater , Cooper Ind. Ranger Series Sand Filter, 3/4 HP Speck pump, Astral inline Chlorinator
    Aquacheck and TF100 tester
    NJ USA

4. Back To Top    #4

It's not mandated for residential pools, BUT I wouldn't want a single drain like yours without one. Either that or completely disconnect the main drain so it can't possibly cause an entrapment.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit