Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Got my heater: a few questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Mt. Airy, MD

Got my heater: a few questions

I finally got my heat pump (HP21104T) installed. I have an IG pool with a spillover spa.

Clearly you only heat the spa on a day that you plan to use it (in our case, we figure on special occasions or when we have guests). Are there any special concerns with regard to heating it too fast and cracking the plaster? I would think that there would be an issue with cooling it too fast when going back to normal pool heating/circulating mode - as you could take it from ~102F to ~85F in less than 10 minutes if you set the vales to push (cooler) pool water through the spa.

I follow BBB, and this is my second year without issues. Are there any special considerations if keeping the water warmer?

For those that have heat pumps- anything else I might not think of? Tips?

Thanks in advance,

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Got my heater: a few questions

There is no way you are going to heat the spa too quickly, especially with a heat pump. No issues either with going back to pool mode.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.