Color Changing Nitelighter

Apr 11, 2008
UhhhHiya
Here are some pics of my color changing nitelighter install. Due to the small gap between the rail and the side of the pool I had to improvise by drilling into the post endcap and bolting the light directly to the rail.

normal_IMG_1240.JPG

normal_IMG_1239.JPG

And here are some night shots:

normal_IMG_1235.JPG

That thing floating on the left is one of those underwater light show floating thingeys. Not very impressed with the light output.

normal_IMG_1234.JPG

The red light leaves much to be desired, but you can see the underwater light show now.

normal_IMG_1230.JPG

normal_IMG_1232.JPG

normal_IMG_1227.JPG

Looks like you did a good job on the install. I posted pics of mine on the original thread where we were discussing this particular light.

I agree, I was rather disappointed with the red light, but the green and especially the blue lighting did fairly well. I'm really surprised they didn't use LED's instead of the halogen bulbs they did use.

seadogg said:
Cool!

I've been looking at those for the last hour. Where did you buy it and how much?

How's the white light output?

How do you like the auto-cycle mode?

Thanks, Jim

I bought mine from Swimming Pools Etc . $96 for the light, s/h was $8.95.

There's no white light output with this one. It has three colored halogen bulbs - red, green, and blue. The auto-cycle mode is OK. As noted above and below, the red bulb doesn't do that great a job or any combination with it. The blues and greens really light up the pool.

I realize that this is an old post but, for the sake of those doing a forum search on the subject; I thought I'd relay my experience with the Nitelighter NLMC (multicolor).

I purchased the unit in the summer of 2009 and placed it at the end of my 15'x24' AGP. The unit lit the pool very well (based on a number of pics I've seen, I believe these light more of the area in oval pools than in round pools).

The unit saw regular use 4 nights a week for the last two seasons (~4 months each). Mostly on the random color mode. Allowed the built-in timer to shut the unit off about 50% of the times it was used.

It gave the pool a nice even 'glow' & was used when we were simply entertaining on the deck & not swimming.

I winterized the unit as described in the instructions each season. Upon opening the pool this year (2011) the unit was reinstalled and on the first use of the season, it cycled through the colors for a short time and then stopped on one of color and wouldn't change. Attempts to get the color to change manually wouldn't work & after unplugging the unit it stopped working entirely.

Calls to the company said that there was little they could do to get the unit working as there is only a 6 month warranty on them. Although they did offer me 25% off the cost of a replacement unit.

Over all I liked the unit & took them up on their offer but, if this one doesn't last longer than 2 seasons... I'll likely look to Aquailluminator or another competing unit.

Hope this helps someone in their search.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.