Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward (EUS) fan motor wiring

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward (EUS) fan motor wiring

Need to replace a fan motor in a Hayward/EUS heat pump. Unfortunately, the old motor has 4 wires (+ green) coming out of it while manufacturer specified new motor has only 3 wires (+ green)

Stupid upside down picture; photobucket having some, uh, issues apparently.

Regardless, any idea(s)...Tech Support for product has been, uh, a bit lacking. And nobody seems to have wiring diagrams to identify old/vs new wiring. Heat pumps...argh!!!!

Product tag:

New Motor:

Old Motor:

Old Motor Tag
    20K gal, vinyl, 1 HP Challenger 2-spd pump, 300 lb sand filter, Raypak 266K BTU, 45M stenner pumpin' bleach

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward (EUS) fan motor wiring

Does the new motor have a wiring diagram on it like the old motor does? If it does post it.

Can you get a clearer pic of the old motor wiring diagram? At least tell me what the colors are on the diagram. I think I can make out Black and maybe Yellow. I could guess the other two but I don't like guessing.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Does the new motor have a wiring diagram on it like the old motor does? If it does post it.

Can you get a clearer pic of the old motor wiring diagram? At least tell me what the colors are on the diagram. I think I can make out Black and maybe Yellow. I could guess the other two but I don't like guessing.
    I'll get it...thanks
    20K gal, vinyl, 1 HP Challenger 2-spd pump, 300 lb sand filter, Raypak 266K BTU, 45M stenner pumpin' bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

And here's all we have re: motor label wiring:

OLD MOTOR:

NEW MOTOR:

New motor on left, old motor on right:

Can't even find a telephone # for EUS (that works, anyway)

Argh......

Heat pump in ohio...bad idea anyway.

5. Back To Top    #5

And here's all we have re: motor label wiring
    And that's all we need!

Power goes on red and yellow instead of black and red
    And the cap that was between brown and yellow still goes between brown and yellow.

On the new motor, red goes to red, yellow goes to black and yellow, and brown goes brown.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Gonna give it a shot, thanks for the info. A question for the electrically ignorant: What is SEP. CAP.? Is that a start capacitor or something similar?

Thanks again...great place.