Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool completed w new INtex swg/ozone unit

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool completed w new INtex swg/ozone unit

Here's my setup

Yes, miles of hoses for the rough kids. Started with reg water, but decided to go salt for less maint. My swg from last year had a leak at the glued joint so Opted for this new unit for half the cost. The ozone unit does add air bubbles to my output stream though, no leak in the system as far I can see. thanks for everyone on the forum for their contributions.
    Intex 16'x48"
    Intex sand filter, ozone SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool completed w new INtex swg/ozone unit

you've got some serious hardware there bro !
    18'x 52" Intex Ultra Frame AG pool
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    BBB method for four seasons
    Former 18' Easy Set owner

3. Back To Top    #3

Great setup. Nice to see the big Game solar heaters too. I had two of the smaller ones and they did a little, but I didn't have enought pump to really make them do good.

Nice job!!

Bob E.

4. Back To Top    #4

Tell me more about that sprinkler, is that something you made? What is the diameter of the holes in it? What is the spacing on the holes?
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, and yes the fountain setup is homemade. All abs 1.5" piping and the holes are my 2nd from the smallest drill bit I had, I didn't pay attention. Nothing fancy, just marked a line on the pipe and drilled ~.5" apart? just eyeballed it. Just me, but I like working hte black abs pipes over the pvc for some reason.
    As for the the GAME solar domes, that was pretty much the only choice I had for my smalllll back yard. No room for for the 20'x4' solar pannels, and felt like keeping the grass alive. Between the solar domes and solar pool cover, the temp is pretty good suprisingly. Hopefully redo my yard next season and try to squeeze a least 18 footer next time, just transfer everything over.
    Intex 16'x48"
    Intex sand filter, ozone SWG