Does anybody have wiring pictures they can post of an EasyTouch

jhav

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 29, 2011
Does anybody have wiring pictures they can post of an EasyTouch with a VS Intelliflow Pump and an IC40 transformer? My dipole 20a GFCI breaker is tripping on an almost daily basis. It looks as if the original electrician for my pool has the IC40 transformer and the pump wired sharing this same breaker...

I'm not sure if the GFCI is causing the trip, or if the circuit is overloaded (is 20amp the right size?). I'm looking to re-wire the setup to eliminate this issue.

Re: Wiring Intelliflo Pump to Easy Touch panel

They should NOT share the same breaker(too much draw on start up), they can share the same relay. That way they get power from individual breakers and the relay tells them to turn on/off at same time.

OK - I completed my re-wire yesterday based on everything I read on this site and in the Pentair Manual.

Previously my VS Intellipro pump had been wired to the Pump Relay -- I have removed the connection to the relay and wired the pump directly to the 20A Dual Pole 240V GFCI Breaker. This breaker now only powers the pump and is not connected to anything else (I believe this was the source of my initial problems as this breaker was also powering my Intellichlor IC40 Tranformer via the relay.)

I have another 20A Dual Pole 240V GFCI Breaker in my box which is wired to Relay #2 -- this was previously powering my Blower and the EasyTouch Transformer (my EasyTouch is wired for 240V). I simply added jumper wires from the Relay #2 LINE screws to the Relay #1 (PUMP) LINE screws. I did not change any wiring for the Intellichlor IC40 as this was already wired to the LOAD screws in Relay #1.

In summary, my first 20A Dual Pole 240V Breaker is now wired directly to my VS pump and is not connected to any relay. My second 20A Dual Pole 240V Breaker is now wired to Relays #1 & #2 via jumper wires - this is powering my Intellichlor Transformer on Relay #1 and my Blower on Relay #2. My Easytouch Transformer is also connected to the LINE screws in Relay #2 to pull power off this breaker.

Does anybody foresee any issues having the Blower, EasyTouch Transformer, and Intellichlor Transformer all wired to the same 240V 20A GFCI breaker --- the only addition to this breaker from my prior setup is the Intellichlor transformer.

You really should have individual circuit breakers and a GFCI breaker for your Blower.

That is kinda your safety switch and also allows you to isolate any problem.

If you are set on sharing a circuit breaker you need to add up the start-up AMP's of each item. A 120V blower will draw more amps than a 220v blower to get the motor started.

There is enough room in your easytouch panel for all your needs.

I used (2) 1/2 height breakers for the control panel low voltage/ and a second one for some outdoor low voltage lights to save space.

This gave me enough room for breakers for;

Main Panel Power - 2 spaces
15 AMP - 120V Pool Lights
30 AMP - 220V Intelliflow
30 AMP - 220V IC40 power center (external in my system)
20 AMP - 220V Blower
15 Amp - 120V Low Voltage Lights
15 Amp - 120 Volts easytouch low voltage relays/ control panel

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.