Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: adding jets

1. Back To Top    #1

S.C.Myrtle Beach

adding jets

I have a 14x33 fg pool i had put in at the end of the summer last year.
    It realy hot down here & i would like to put in some jets.
    I was woundering if my husband could run a line along where our cements stops & put some or some kind of a sprayer & use a sepatate pump?
    Or is there something elese i could do?
    Carolina Girl!
    Pentair 1 1/2 Hp
    Pentair clean & Clear Cartridge filter
    14 x 32 FG inground Pool

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina
    If you are just looking to cool the water, here is a recent thread: ... ght=cooler
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Acton Maine
    Have you read all of the threads here about pool temperature?????? There are a lot of different threads that can help you with that. Lots of cheap and effective ways to cool water.

It would be very expensive to put in jets after the fact of a build and I think it would look kind of weird. Your jets would have to come out from the outside of the concrete and every time you walked around the concrete You would get smacked in the face with a jet.

FYI-Read the threads or use your search engine before you post questions. It helps to answer most all of the "basic" questions. That's what I did when I was new here to the forum. and search some more. It does really help!
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator ,

4. Back To Top    #4

Coastalish 'down easter'
    If you think you really want to add another return or two, I'll gladly tell you how to do it and what to watch out for I have to do it a few times a year and it's really not very difficult
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)