Finally!!! My Taylor Kit Results....feedback please!

Jun 22, 2013
Lumberton, N.C.
Here are my results from my Taylor kit, please let me know what I need to do...I'm new!

FC = 5
TC = 5....which I thought was strange since it matched the FC results.
pH = 7.6
Alkalinity = 120
CYA = 57 ppm

The water does look clear, a great feat considering the monsoon of rain we have had...EVERDAY!!!! Any feedback would be nice. This are the only tests I have done...the others looked complicated LOL!

I got the Taylor 2005 kit. I did the CYA test by following the instructions. Pool sample in test bottle, filled to the 14 line with regeant, then shake for 30 seconds. I filled the small chamber up until the dot disappeared, then read the back the back...it was just under 60. I followed the instructions for the FC and TC tests. The color did not change when I added the drops for the TC to the sample. Both were as high as it could read, colorwise. I did pour a gallon of bleach in the day before because we have had a tremendous amount of rain. In fact, I have had to drain the pool a couple of inches three times over the last few days to keep it from overflowing. Thanks for any help. I am also going to list what pool chems I do have (tomorrow) so you guys can tell me if I need/should use them or ditch them. Thanks for your help!

Your test results all look pretty decent to me.

Have you read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School? There's a ton of info up there about what the results mean and what you should do about them.

Thanks Dave, the water does look clearer than it ever has...since I stopped the pool store trips! It needs sweeping, but it is almost useless with all the rain we have had. I got the taylor kit that I thought was suggested, but I realize once I got to Amazon that I must of just bought the first Taylor kit I came to. Once I returned and scrolled down, I see there are different models. This one does have the acid demand tests, but I did not do them. I just did the basics to see if everything was right. It also has a CH test, which I did not do either. Hopefully this kit will be enough.

The lack of acid demand test is not of concern, it is the lack of the FAS/DPD chlorine test. Considering your water is already clear you might get by without it.

The color matching test only reads up to 5 PPM.
The FAS/DPD test reads accurately up to 50 PPM I think?

The FAS/DPD is the best way to properly shock your pool with the ability to read accurately up to shock levels, and the only way to perform the OCLT.

Here is a look at the test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQG4tgQsFE

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.