Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finally!!! My Taylor Kit Results....feedback please!

1. Back To Top    #1

Finally!!! My Taylor Kit Results....feedback please!

Here are my results from my Taylor kit, please let me know what I need to do...I'm new!

FC = 5
    TC = 5....which I thought was strange since it matched the FC results.
    pH = 7.6
    Alkalinity = 120
    CYA = 57 ppm

The water does look clear, a great feat considering the monsoon of rain we have had...EVERDAY!!!! Any feedback would be nice. This are the only tests I have done...the others looked complicated LOL!
    5K gal, AG vinyl, cartridge, Intex Model 635T, 6/15/13

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Finally!!! My Taylor Kit Results....feedback please!

Which kit did you get? How did you get a CYA of 57ppm? Which chlorine test did you do?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

The Taylor tests are the same except there's no acid or base demand on the TF100. Here's a link to the how-to videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/TF100TestKit
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

I got the Taylor 2005 kit. I did the CYA test by following the instructions. Pool sample in test bottle, filled to the 14 line with regeant, then shake for 30 seconds. I filled the small chamber up until the dot disappeared, then read the back the back...it was just under 60. I followed the instructions for the FC and TC tests. The color did not change when I added the drops for the TC to the sample. Both were as high as it could read, colorwise. I did pour a gallon of bleach in the day before because we have had a tremendous amount of rain. In fact, I have had to drain the pool a couple of inches three times over the last few days to keep it from overflowing. Thanks for any help. I am also going to list what pool chems I do have (tomorrow) so you guys can tell me if I need/should use them or ditch them. Thanks for your help!

5. Back To Top    #5

Any reason you did not get one of the recommended kits with the FAS-DPD test?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Your test results all look pretty decent to me.

Have you read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School? There's a ton of info up there about what the results mean and what you should do about them.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks Dave, the water does look clearer than it ever has...since I stopped the pool store trips! It needs sweeping, but it is almost useless with all the rain we have had. I got the taylor kit that I thought was suggested, but I realize once I got to Amazon that I must of just bought the first Taylor kit I came to. Once I returned and scrolled down, I see there are different models. This one does have the acid demand tests, but I did not do them. I just did the basics to see if everything was right. It also has a CH test, which I did not do either. Hopefully this kit will be enough.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Many folks who inadvertently get the K-2005 simply upgrade by purchasing an FAS/DPD kit for about $26 bucks. Then you will have everything that you need.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

The lack of acid demand test is not of concern, it is the lack of the FAS/DPD chlorine test. Considering your water is already clear you might get by without it.

The color matching test only reads up to 5 PPM.
    The FAS/DPD test reads accurately up to 50 PPM I think?

The FAS/DPD is the best way to properly shock your pool with the ability to read accurately up to shock levels, and the only way to perform the OCLT.

Here is a look at the test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQG4tgQsFE
    12500 gallons, 24 foot round above ground
    Hayward Sand filter, Pentair OptiFlo 1HP 2-Speed pump