Thread: Cl levels shooting up?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cl levels shooting up?

Cl 8
    PH 7.4
    TA 100
    CH 240
    CYA 30

I am using 3in tabs in a chlorinator, and had a party this weekend. I keep the chloranitor at 6 all the time, but today I noticed it seemed a little strong and it tested at 8. The water is clear. We have had a lot of rain, and i did pump to waste yesterday because the pool was above the skimmers. It has been cloudy, so should i turn the chlorinator down since there is less sun consuming the cL?
    25,000 Gal, Plaster, IG, Auto CL, Waterfall, IntelFlo VS Pump, Dolphin DX6 Robot, TF 100 test kit, Merlin Safety Cover Lots of Trees!, South Eastern Pa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cl levels shooting up?

the FC is a little high for your CYA, but not excessively so, still way below shock level.

Are you planning to stop using the tablets soon before your CYA gets too high?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe, I am still working with the pb, he uses the cl tabs on his new builds, when it is finished i am not sure if i will go to swg or not, but the pool is only 4 weeks old.
    Should I just turn down the chlorinator? or is there something else
    25,000 Gal, Plaster, IG, Auto CL, Waterfall, IntelFlo VS Pump, Dolphin DX6 Robot, TF 100 test kit, Merlin Safety Cover Lots of Trees!, South Eastern Pa

4. Back To Top    #4

Sure. turn it down some.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!